Thursday, April 14, 2016

heart and leaf spoon


here is a spoon i made a few years ago for my step mother. it is made from a very old ocean spray trunk. such beautiful, strong wood! i think it is my favorite to carve. the hardness of the wood allows me to do finer detail and thinner body of the spoon. looking back at this i am amazed at what i was able to do with the leaf and heart stem of the spoon! the heart and leaf represent the love that gives new life. it is about five inches long.
UPDATE: after sitting for the past few years on display in the front hallway of the house where i was born, my parents took my suggestion and passed it on to cynthia's mother, who is going through some hard times. i am so happy when the beauty of these carvings can bring a little awe and joy to more people!







No comments:

Post a Comment